Draper Tools and the Environment
It is a requirement in the UK to minimise the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to landfill and to achieve high levels of collection of WEEE for environmentally sound treatment.
Draper Tools are a member of the Valpak Distributor Take Back Scheme for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Environmental Policy Statement
As one of the leading tool distributing companies for the procurement and distribution of automotive, hand, gardening, power, pneumatic, static power tools and other products, Draper Tools seeks to maximise modern technologies which are clearly deemed to promote and protect the efficient use of the world's resources without detriment to its inhabitants.
Draper Tools recognises that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably have an impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible. As part of our continuing drive for quality in all the things we do, we have developed this comprehensive policy statement.
This will enable us to set, publish and promote the targets by which our efforts are displayed towards sustainable environmental improvement that can be measured and monitored on a continual basis. In this way we aim to protect the health and safety of our employees and our customers whilst contributing to the future well being of the environment. We have undertaken to help every employee to understand and implement the relevant aspects of this policy in their day-to-day work through the regular communication of objectives, action plans and achievements. Our Managing Director has accepted specific responsibility for policy development and authorised a senior Director of the company to co-ordinate and evaluate the performance of our environmental programme.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement. In particular Draper Tools Limited will:
- Meet and where appropriate exceed the requirements of current and future relevant legislation;
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials in our activities;
- Design energy efficiency into processes, services, buildings and manage energy wisely in all our operations;
- Reduce where practical the level of harmful emissions;
- Market products that are safe to use, are fit for purpose and conform to all applicable environmental and other legislation;
- Work with and monitor our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through our quality purchasing policy which includes related human rights, moral and ethical issues relative to the country in which they operate;
- Site our buildings, structures and operational plant so that we minimise visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment;
- Support through our quality programme the promotion of environmental protection;
- Include environmental issues in programmed meetings i.e. management reviews, discussions with our customers and suppliers, our training programmes and employee groups and encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices with all interested parties;
- Monitor environmental performance.
This environmental policy is communicated at all levels within Draper Tools Limited and confirms the commitment of our Directors, Managers and Employees to our environmental programme of continuous improvement.
We work with and monitor our supply chain for human rights, moral and ethical issues. We seek as part of our ongoing "Supplier Assessment Audit Programme" to ensure that factories demonstrate good working conditions and operate sound practices.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Draper Tools is committed to continually reviewing the impact of our business on our customers, suppliers and employees. We recognise a local and global accountability in managing and developing an active approach to the key challenges that corporate social responsibility brings to our business.
Supporting our community
Hampshire Cop Car - Eastleigh
The Eastleigh Neighbourhood Policing Team have set up a project to build an F.24 Electric Kit Car. Once built the car will be used to race gainst other Electric Cars from similar schemes around the county. It will also be used as a tool for positive community engagement by the police as well as the young, local people associated with the project.
The project aims to:
Support and educate young people to participate positvely in their communities & become responsible citizens.
Prevent young people from becoming victims of crime.
Improve Peer guidance and relationships between young people and the Police - breaking down barriers.
Promote the Welfare and Wellbeing of young persons.
We are proud to be supporting the Haynes Mechanix project with the supply of tools to kit out their workshop. It’s a really worthwhile initiative and we are very pleased to be involved with the project.
The project teaches young people all the essential, practical aspects of maintaining and repairing a car. It feels very rewarding to know that our tools are being put to such good use, helping young people to acquire useful skills for life and earn a valuable qualification too.
Find out more about the latest project here.
Eastleigh Southern Parishes Men’s Shed
We are delighted to be supporting local organisation, Eastleigh Southern Parishes Men’s Shed, part of the international Men’s Sheds Association.
Some of you may know about the Men’s Sheds organisation and the supportive, friendly environment it provides. Originating in Australia, it aims to address some of the issues facing older men such as a losing a sense of purpose with the loss of their work role, status, workmates and income. Today there are many ‘Mens’s Sheds’ around the UK, where members come together to work on practical tasks and projects.
We’re very pleased to be working with our local Men’s Shed by donating a range of tools including chisels, spanner sets, saws and more. We look forward to seeing the members putting their new tools to good use in the local community.
Modern Slavery Act Transparency Statement
- Draper Tools Limited is committed to driving acts of modern slavery out of the workplace. We acknowledge our responsibilities under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 to implement and enforce effective controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking does not exist within our Company or its supply chain. Our processes will ensure transparency within the Company and our suppliers.
- Draper Tools Limited is a family owned business that imports and distributes a range of finished goods (hand and power tools, hardware products and other miscellaneous products) which are sold under the Draper Brand. Within the supply chain process, it is important that our staff establish strong working relationships with the suppliers of these products. As part of our due diligence we have a programme of auditing factories manufacturing our products. This audit programme incorporates elements which monitor the issues associated with modern day slavery as well as other social and ethical issues.
- The company's staff are encouraged to raise any concerns they may have about how colleagues or suppliers are being treated, without fear of any disciplinary action.
- The Company operates a fair recruitment process which includes checks on all new employees to ensure they are eligible to work and are not being forced to work against their own free will.
- We expect that our supply chain contacts will respect our stance on modern slavery and will act in the same ethical manner. Draper Tools Limited will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- The Company directors take the responsibility for implementing this policy seriously and shall provide adequate resources and investment to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the organisation or our supply chain.
- This policy statement will be reviewed and amended as necessary, and published annually.