Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
(a) send you general communications;
(b) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(c) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business;
(d) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for any purpose.
You can elect to no longer receive communications from us at any time.
Security of your personal information
We will take full technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may make amendments to this policy at any time.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
ContactThe Data Protection Officer
Draper Tools Ltd,
Draper Tools and the Environment
It is a requirement in the UK to minimise the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to landfill and to achieve high levels of collection of WEEE for environmentally sound treatment.
Draper Tools are a member of the Valpak Distributor Take Back Scheme for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
As one of the leading tool companies for the procurement and distribution of automotive, hand, gardening, power, pneumatic, static power tools and other products, Draper Tools seeks to maximize modern technologies which are clearly deemed to promote and protect the efficient use of the world's resources without detriment to its inhabitants.
Draper Tools recognizes that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably have an impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimize the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible.
As part of our continuing drive for quality in all the things we do, we have developed this comprehensive policy statement. This will enable us to set objectives and promote the targets by which our efforts are displayed towards sustainable environmental improvement that can be measured and monitored on a continual basis. To this end, we have established a Management System which complies to ISO14001:2015
In this way we aim to protect the health and safety of our employees and our customers whilst contributing to the future well-being of the environment. We have undertaken to help every employee to understand and implement the relevant aspects of this policy in their day-to-day work through the regular communication of objectives, action plans and achievements. Our Managing Director has accepted specific responsibility for policy development and authorized a senior Director of the company to coordinate and evaluate the performance of our environmental programme.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement. In particular, Draper Tools Limited will:
- Commit to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution.
- Meet and where appropriate exceed the requirements of current and future relevant legislation;
- Fulfil our compliance obligations.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials in our activities;
- Design energy efficiency into processes, services, buildings and manage energy wisely in all our operations;
- Reduce where practical the level of harmful emissions;
- Market products that are safe to use, are fit for purpose and conform to all applicable environmental and other legislation;
- Work with and monitor our suppliers to minimize the impact of their operations on the environment through our quality purchasing policy which includes human rights, moral and ethical issues relative to the country in which they operate;
- Site our buildings, structures and operational plant so that we minimize visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment;
- Support through our quality programme the promotion of environmental protection;
- Include environmental issues in all programmed meetings i.e. management reviews, discussions with our customers and suppliers, our training programmes and employee groups and encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices with all interested parties;
- Monitor environmental performance.
- Continue to improve the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
This environmental policy is communicated at all levels within Draper Tools Limited and confirms the commitment of our Directors, Managers and Employees to our environmental programme of continuous improvement.
We work with and monitor our supply chain for human rights, moral and ethical issues. We seek as part of our ongoing "Supplier Assessment Audit Programme" to ensure that factories demonstrate good working conditions and operate sound practices.
Modern Slavery Statement
Modern Slavery Act Transparency Statement
- Draper Tools Limited is committed to driving acts of modern slavery out of the workplace. We acknowledge our responsibilities under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 to implement and enforce effective controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking does not exist within our Company or its supply chain. Our processes will ensure transparency within the Company and our suppliers.
- Draper Tools Limited is a family owned business that imports and distributes a range of finished goods (hand and power tools, hardware products and other miscellaneous products) which are sold under the Draper Brand. Within the supply chain process, it is important that our staff establish strong working relationships with the suppliers of these products. As part of our due diligence we have a programme of auditing factories manufacturing our products. This audit programme incorporates elements which monitor the issues associated with modern day slavery as well as other social and ethical issues.
- The company's staff are encouraged to raise any concerns they may have about how colleagues or suppliers are being treated, without fear of any disciplinary action.
- The Company operates a fair recruitment process which includes checks on all new employees to ensure they are eligible to work and are not being forced to work against their own free will.
- We expect that our supply chain contacts will respect our stance on modern slavery and will act in the same ethical manner. Draper Tools Limited will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- The Company directors take the responsibility for implementing this policy seriously and shall provide adequate resources and investment to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the organisation or our supply chain.
- This policy statement will be reviewed and amended as necessary, and published annually.