Terms Of Business
Draper Tools Limited (“the company”) does not offer goods shown on this website for sale directly to the public.
All goods are available to be purchased either from a local stockist or from one of our online trading partners, by clicking on one of the links shown against each product.
If you select the “buy from local stockist” button against the product you have chosen, you will be able to choose your preferred “Draper approved stockist” either by entering your town or postcode.
If you select the “buy from online stockist” button against the product you have chosen, you will be directed to google search results from where you will be able to choose which stockist to buy from.
Draper Tools does not offer preferential status to any of our known online stockists. The Company cannot comment on the suitability or otherwise of any stockists selected by the search engine.
Draper Tools has no control over which stockists offer our products for sale or which online stockists appear on each internet page. Accordingly, we are not able to track which stockists sell our products to customers as a result of an enquiry on our website.
The company takes no responsibility for whether the goods supplied are genuine Draper products, for delivery of the goods or for the after sales service offered by the stockists. All queries regarding the quality of the product or delivery of the product must be directed to the stockist.
All genuine Draper products carry the quality guarantees shown in the Terms of Business below
Condition of the Goods and Warranty
(i) The Seller warrants that on delivery, and for a period from the date of delivery as specified in the manufacturer’s guarantee period below (the warranty period), the goods shall:
(a) conform in all material respects with their description and any applicable specification, and
(b) be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship.
The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract. Buyers must ensure that goods are suitable for the purpose intended.
(ii) Subject to (iii) below, if the Buyer gives notice in writing to the Seller during the warranty period within a reasonable time of discovery that some or all of the goods do not comply with the warranty set out above, and the Buyer (if asked to do so by the Seller) returns such goods to the Seller's place of business at the Buyer's cost, the Seller must be given a reasonable opportunity of examining such goods. The Seller shall, at its option, repair or replace the defective goods, or refund the price of the defective goods in full. The remedies set out in this paragraph shall be the Buyer's sole remedies for any breach of the warranty in (i) above and any other claim in relation to the condition of the goods.
(iii) The Seller shall not be liable for the goods' failure to comply with the warranty set out above if:
(a) the defect arises because of a failure to follow the Seller's instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the goods or (if there are no instructions) good trade practice regarding the same; or
(b) the Buyer alters or repairs such goods without the written consent of the Seller; or
(c) the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions; or
(d) the goods differ from their description or specification as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements or continuous improvement.
Guarantees (From Date Of First User Purchase)
- (i) Draper Tools offers the following manufacturer's guarantees to end users that purchase goods from the Buyer:
- (ii) Any power tool described above and considered faulty must be returned to our warranty department at Draper Tools Limited, Hursley Road, Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 1YF. To arrange collection, please contact +44 (0)23 8049 4041 or +44 (0)23 8049 4046. Alternatively, it may be returned to our nearest authorised warranty repair agent if so directed by your Draper Tools representative. If the tool is found to be faulty, it will be replaced or repaired at the Seller’s discretion free of charge, or a full credit will be given.
- (iii) Any other tool considered faulty must be returned to Draper Tools at the address given above with a written statement confirming the fault. If the tool is found to be faulty, it will be replaced or repaired at the Seller’s discretion free of charge, or a full credit will be given.
- (iv) These guarantees do not apply to normal wear and tear, nor any damage caused by misuse, careless or unsafe handling, alterations, accident, or repairs attempted, other than by authorised Draper warranty repair agents. These guarantees are in place of any other guarantee expressed or implied and variations of such guarantees are not permitted, but your statutory rights are not affected.
- (v) The guarantees in this clause do not apply to the Buyer.
|Air Tools (excluding Draper Expert Quality Air Tools and compressors)||6 Months||6 Months|
|Draper Expert Quality Air Tools, pressure washers, compressors, submersible water pumps, welding machines, space heaters, petrol power tools, generators, battery chargers, hydraulic products||12 Months||12 Months|
|Honda and Briggs & Stratton petrol engines||24 Months||24 Months|
|All other power tools||24 Months||12 Months|
|All tools hired to third parties||3 Months||3 Months|
Limitation of Liability
- (i) Nothing in these Terms of Business shall limit or exclude the Seller's liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
(d) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
(e) any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for the Seller to exclude or restrict liability.
- (ii) Subject to (i) above, the Seller shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the Buyer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under, or in connection with, the contract governed by these Terms of Business. The Seller's total liability to the Buyer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with such contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods.
Draper TX-STAR products are compatible with †Torx fixing systems.
†Torx is the registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties LLC
Draper PZ TYPE products are compatible with *Pozidriv®/Supadriv® fixing systems. *Pozidriv®/Supadriv® are registered trademarks of Trifast Plc.
List prices shown are each, exclusive of VAT and for guidance only. Prices are correct at time of going to press. The Seller reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. All photographs and text are included as a guide only, and do not necessarily represent the products on offer. E. & O. E.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
(a) send you general communications;
(b) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(c) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business;
(d) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for any purpose.
You can elect to no longer receive communications from us at any time.
Security of your personal information
We will take full technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may make amendments to this policy at any time.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
ContactThe Data Protection Officer
Draper Tools Ltd,
Draper Tools and the Environment
It is a requirement in the UK to minimise the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to landfill and to achieve high levels of collection of WEEE for environmentally sound treatment.
Draper Tools are a member of the Valpak Distributor Take Back Scheme for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
As one of the leading tool distributing companies for the procurement and distribution of automotive, hand, gardening, power, pneumatic, static power tools and other products, Draper Tools seeks to maximise modern technologies which are clearly deemed to promote and protect the efficient use of the world's resources without detriment to its inhabitants.
Draper Tools recognises that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably have an impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimise the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible. As part of our continuing drive for quality in all the things we do, we have developed this comprehensive policy statement.
This will enable us to set, publish and promote the targets by which our efforts are displayed towards sustainable environmental improvement that can be measured and monitored on a continual basis. In this way we aim to protect the health and safety of our employees and our customers whilst contributing to the future well being of the environment. We have undertaken to help every employee to understand and implement the relevant aspects of this policy in their day-to-day work through the regular communication of objectives, action plans and achievements. Our Managing Director has accepted specific responsibility for policy development and authorised a senior Director of the company to co-ordinate and evaluate the performance of our environmental programme.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement. In particular Draper Tools Limited will:
- Meet and where appropriate exceed the requirements of current and future relevant legislation;
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials in our activities;
- Design energy efficiency into processes, services, buildings and manage energy wisely in all our operations;
- Reduce where practical the level of harmful emissions;
- Market products that are safe to use, are fit for purpose and conform to all applicable environmental and other legislation;
- Work with and monitor our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through our quality purchasing policy which includes related human rights, moral and ethical issues relative to the country in which they operate;
- Site our buildings, structures and operational plant so that we minimise visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment;
- Support through our quality programme the promotion of environmental protection;
- Include environmental issues in programmed meetings i.e. management reviews, discussions with our customers and suppliers, our training programmes and employee groups and encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices with all interested parties;
- Monitor environmental performance.
This environmental policy is communicated at all levels within Draper Tools Limited and confirms the commitment of our Directors, Managers and Employees to our environmental programme of continuous improvement.
We work with and monitor our supply chain for human rights, moral and ethical issues. We seek as part of our ongoing "Supplier Assessment Audit Programme" to ensure that factories demonstrate good working conditions and operate sound practices.
Modern Slavery Statement
Modern Slavery Act Transparency Statement
- Draper Tools Limited is committed to driving acts of modern slavery out of the workplace. We acknowledge our responsibilities under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 to implement and enforce effective controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking does not exist within our Company or its supply chain. Our processes will ensure transparency within the Company and our suppliers.
- Draper Tools Limited is a family owned business that imports and distributes a range of finished goods (hand and power tools, hardware products and other miscellaneous products) which are sold under the Draper Brand. Within the supply chain process, it is important that our staff establish strong working relationships with the suppliers of these products. As part of our due diligence we have a programme of auditing factories manufacturing our products. This audit programme incorporates elements which monitor the issues associated with modern day slavery as well as other social and ethical issues.
- The company's staff are encouraged to raise any concerns they may have about how colleagues or suppliers are being treated, without fear of any disciplinary action.
- The Company operates a fair recruitment process which includes checks on all new employees to ensure they are eligible to work and are not being forced to work against their own free will.
- We expect that our supply chain contacts will respect our stance on modern slavery and will act in the same ethical manner. Draper Tools Limited will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- The Company directors take the responsibility for implementing this policy seriously and shall provide adequate resources and investment to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the organisation or our supply chain.
- This policy statement will be reviewed and amended as necessary, and published annually.