It is a requirement in the UK to minimise the disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to landfill and to achieve high levels of collection of WEEE for environmentally sound treatment.
Draper Tools are a member of the Valpak Distributor Take Back Scheme for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
As one of the leading tool companies for the procurement and distribution of automotive, hand, gardening, power, pneumatic, static power tools and other products, Draper Tools seeks to maximize modern technologies which are clearly deemed to promote and protect the efficient use of the world's resources without detriment to its inhabitants.
Draper Tools recognizes that in our day-to-day operations we inevitably have an impact on the environment in a number of ways and we wish to minimize the potentially harmful effects of such activity wherever and whenever possible.
As part of our continuing drive for quality in all the things we do, we have developed this comprehensive policy statement. This will enable us to set objectives and promote the targets by which our efforts are displayed towards sustainable environmental improvement that can be measured and monitored on a continual basis. To this end, we have established a Management System which complies to ISO14001:2015
In this way we aim to protect the health and safety of our employees and our customers whilst contributing to the future well-being of the environment. We have undertaken to help every employee to understand and implement the relevant aspects of this policy in their day-to-day work through the regular communication of objectives, action plans and achievements. Our Managing Director has accepted specific responsibility for policy development and authorized a senior Director of the company to coordinate and evaluate the performance of our environmental programme.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement. In particular, Draper Tools Limited will:
- Commit to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution.
- Meet and where appropriate exceed the requirements of current and future relevant legislation;
- Fulfil our compliance obligations.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials in our activities;
- Design energy efficiency into processes, services, buildings and manage energy wisely in all our operations;
- Reduce where practical the level of harmful emissions;
- Market products that are safe to use, are fit for purpose and conform to all applicable environmental and other legislation;
- Work with and monitor our suppliers to minimize the impact of their operations on the environment through our quality purchasing policy which includes human rights, moral and ethical issues relative to the country in which they operate;
- Site our buildings, structures and operational plant so that we minimize visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment;
- Support through our quality programme the promotion of environmental protection;
- Include environmental issues in all programmed meetings i.e. management reviews, discussions with our customers and suppliers, our training programmes and employee groups and encourage the implementation of sound environmental practices with all interested parties;
- Monitor environmental performance.
- Continue to improve the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance.
This environmental policy is communicated at all levels within Draper Tools Limited and confirms the commitment of our Directors, Managers and Employees to our environmental programme of continuous improvement.
We work with and monitor our supply chain for human rights, moral and ethical issues. We seek as part of our ongoing "Supplier Assessment Audit Programme" to ensure that factories demonstrate good working conditions and operate sound practices.